Form #1: Application For Credentials – Step 1 of 4
This form must be filled by the Applicant and Sponsoring Pastor.
We highly recommend that you take time to complete the form together on a computer.
Please note that this form is one of three forms that must be completed and sent along with your payment.
Questions about Form #1? Please contact your Regional Secretary here.
Application for Credentials - Form #1 (step 1 of 4)
*Also available for download here.
Guidelines and Principles for Sponsoring Pastors
Before beginning the process of licensing and ordination take the time to pray and seek the Lord for His direction.
These Forms must accompany applications for credentials!
- Form #1
- Requirements for CCW, Licensing and Ordination (take note that all documentation listed on this form is included especially taking note of 3 letters of recommendation and the bottom section which includes two questions from the sponsoring church)
- Doctrinal questionnaire (required only for Licensing and Ordination)
Please visit this page for our Statement of Faith, Statement of Ministerial Ethics and our Policy on Divorce and Remarriage.
Section 1 – Preparation
- Refresh yourself on the Constitution and Bylaws of the IAOG (Canada) so that you can be well informed
- Ensure that you are current with Provincial guidelines regarding licenses to marry & interment, as well as any other governing documentation that may affect the ministry, such as T-4’s, T 3010’s etc. Please keep in mind that amendments to these documents take place frequently.
- Qualify your candidate by close adherence to scriptural texts that relate to ministers and leadership
Section 2 – The Candidate
- Ensure that all appropriate paperwork has been correctly filled out. If the candidate is currently residing in Canada and is NOT a Canadian citizen, copies of ALL documentation regarding their current status must accompany the application.
- It is mandatory to obtain a Vulnerable Persons Police check from your local Police Dept. (different provinces have different requirements especially for those who work with children)
- Please meet with your Regional Secretary or contact them by phone or a Zoom call PRIOR to sending in your application, and ensure that the Regional Secretary receives the documentation and signs Form # 1.
Section 3 – Follow-up
- The paperwork will be mailed directly to the Sponsoring Pastor. It is up to the candidate and the Sponsoring Pastor to set a date for commissioning and should they desire the Regional Secretary or General Secretary to be present it should be remembered that the Sponsoring Pastor is the Licensing/Ordaining minister.
- The responsibility of care, prayer, discipline and follow-up is first to the Sponsoring Pastor. If that member is not serving in the local church of the Sponsoring Pastor due to the nature of the calling (i.e. missionary) annual reports should be gathered to support that person’s ministry.
- Please ensure that the General Secretary and your Regional Secretary is up to date with the member's contact information.